Friday, November 27, 2009

Why does Yahoo! Toolbar BETA add-on cause IE 6 SP2 to lock upon launching IE?

Two days ago, I found that my system running Windows XP with IE 6 Service Pack 2, which works great, could run every app just fine except IE. Upon launching IE, that window would display all home page content perfectly, EXCEPT the window was 100% un-selectable. The mouse cursor remained as an angled arrow and I would hear "ding" every time I left- or right-mouse clicked anywhere within the window. Today I found that if I disable the Yahoo Toolbar BETA through Control Panel under the Programs tab by going to the Manage Add-On button, IE now launches and works 100% again! The only problem of course is that the Yahoo Toolbar is not displayed. Upon re-enabling, or re-disabling the Yahoo Toolbar BETA, I get consistent results of IE not working, then working again, respectively. This is the case with the other to user accounts on my PC as well. But now my user account on this PC operates IE just fine with the Yahoo Toolbar BETA enabled. Why? Will re-installing Toolbar fix problem?



Why does Yahoo! Toolbar BETA add-on cause IE 6 SP2 to lock upon launching IE?windows live





Microsoft knows

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting services